Senior Associate Attorney – Construction Law (San Francisco or Los Angeles)
There has never been a better time to join Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum, a growing firm of nimble defense lawyers who help clients simplify the process of complex litigation. At BEHB, we serve as outside counsel for businesses, insurance companies, and the public sector. Our firm has deep trial experience to win motions and achieve defense verdicts. We resolve cases in the most efficient and favorable manner possible.
The firm is currently accepting resumes for a senior associate attorney. Applicants must be licensed to practice law in the State of California, with experience in Construction Law. A book of transportable business is a plus.
About the Role:
- Handle all aspects of pre-trial and trial work on construction cases, as well as non-construction cases that come into the firm.
- Track case status by monitoring weekly personal calendar and communicating regularly with case manager.
- Attend weekly round table meeting and calendar meeting.
- Keep docket clerks apprised of changes to case calendars by communicating regularly via email.
- Able to effectively supervise staff and collaborate with other attorneys to successfully complete assignments.
- Enter billable time into computer daily and meet a minimum billing requirement of 158.34 hours per month net of write downs (1900 per year). This requirement is not reduced by any paid or unpaid time off, mandatory training, or the performance of any non-billable functions. Such time off, training, or performance of non-billable functions is not counted toward the minimum billing requirement.
- Ensure all functions are performed in exact accordance with applicable client guidelines available on the firm intranet.
- Remain flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the client coordinators.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must be licensed to practice law in the State of California.
- Must have extensive experience in construction litigation. Portable business is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate tactfully with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Organized, good at prioritizing tasks, and detail-oriented.
- Work may also require traveling to offsite locations for depositions, collecting records and information, or filing documents with courts.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation including a bonus structure.
- Collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Growth opportunities within the firm.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Please submit your resume to Jon Piggins via email at: [email protected].
*Equal Opportunity Employer*