Legal Case Manager – Onsite, Hybrid, Remote
*NOTE: This position can be based in either greater Los Angeles or the San Francisco Bay Area, Hybrid (in office & remote) or fully remote (dependent on experience and training) within the U.S. Pacific Time Zone.
There has never been a better time to join Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum, a growing firm of nimble defense lawyers who help clients simplify the process of complex litigation. At EGHB, we serve as outside counsel for businesses, insurance companies, and the public sector. Our firm has deep trial experience to win motions and achieve defense verdicts. We resolve cases in the most efficient and favorable manner possible.
Are you looking to take your job in the legal industry to the next level? Our busy California based firm is looking for a legal case manager to help us oversee all aspects of case management. This position will be responsible for supporting attorneys in the various aspects of litigation related to case preparation, management, and execution. Ideal job seekers will be incredibly organized, and have experience drafting legal documents, conducting legal research, and managing case files. If you are an effective communicator, and a great teammate who is a natural self-starter, we’d like to talk.
Legal Case Manager Responsibilities
- Initiate new case protocol, including completion of new matter forms, new client intake forms, retainer agreements, and conflict waivers, entering all into ProLaw.
- Perform a full conflict check, including a check with the California Secretary of State website for any new corporate client to ensure they are properly registered and search Court Register of Actions for other parties.
- Confirm with CCA (“Client Coordinating Attorney”) what attorney(s) will be assigned as the BA (“Billing Attorney”) based on non-equity partner/of counsel and associate availability.
- Confirm with the BA who is assigned as Opposing Counsel, Paralegal and Law Clerk.
- Help coordinate assignment of new cases to attorneys.
Legal Case Manager Qualifications
- High school diploma is required – 2-year degree and Paralegal certification are acceptable, but a Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Previous case management process experience is needed – preferably as a personal injury case manager, or related jobs such as paralegal, legal secretary, or legal assistant at a law firm, non-profit, or human services agency.
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet presentation, and case management software (ProLaw preferred).
- Self-starter with the ability to effectively manage multiple matters at once.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills as well as effective communication skills, both written and oral.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Annual Salary: $65,000-$75,000 per year, plus comprehensive benefits.
*Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Growth opportunities within the firm.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
Recently, our Managing Partner Noel Edlin spoke with Authority Magazine’s Eric L. Pines about what it takes to run a successful law firm. Some key takeaways: make DEI central to your firm culture, be a lifelong learner, and invest in your people. Read the full interview here: https://bit.ly/3u5EwXp
EGHB is one of just 43 U.S.-based law firms named to Bloomberg Law’s DEI Framework. The framework is a listing of law firms that meet or exceed the highest standards for diversity, equity, and inclusion and it plays an important role in advancing the legal profession. To learn more about EGHB’s success and the DEI Framework, please read the formal announcement here: https://bit.ly/3w1U7rW
Please submit your resume to Jon Piggins via email at: [email protected]