Billing Coordinator – San Francisco
There has never been a better time to join Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum a growing firm of nimble defense lawyers who help clients simplify the process of complex litigation.
The San Francisco, California office of Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum is currently accepting resumes for a full-time billing coordinator.
As the billing coordinator, you will be responsible for maintaining accurate and timely billing for multiple lawyers and clients. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience (accounting, Accounts Receivable, customer service, etc). Previous experience in a law firm setting is preferred. You must be comfortable with all office landscapes such as scanners, fax machines, copy machines, and multi-line phones. Experience with ProLaw is a bonus.
This is a full-time, salaried role with great benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with the firm’s billing policies and client guidelines.
- Interact with attorneys and external e-billing administrators as needed to set up and maintain e-billing clients.
- Timely submission of e-bills with necessary supporting documentation, monitoring and coordinating the re-submission of rejected e-bills.
- Assist with reconciliation and research of client accounts, payments, unapplied cash, and other issues to ensure prompt resolution.
- Proactively manage Account Receivables for attorneys and client accounts.
- Produce reports and respond to information requests from lawyers, clients, and administrative staff regarding WIP, A/R, billing reconciliations, trust balances, and cash applications.
- Adhere to approved alternative billing arrangements and administer the release of matters from temporary holding.
- Updating client information in the firm’s systems and completing any special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, in a dynamic, fast pace environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients and to provide information with ordinary courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
- High level of integrity, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work with E-billing programs such as TyMetrix, Collaborati, and Legal Exchange
- Well versed in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Have a good understanding of basic accounting principles, as well as excellent analytical skills.
- Work requires sitting, bending, stooping, computer keyboarding and continuous use of the hands, telephone contact, reading, and may require lifting of 25-50 lbs. or more.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
Annual Salary: $50,000-$65,000 per year, plus comprehensive benefits.
*Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Growth opportunities within the firm.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
Recently, our Managing Partner Noel Edlin spoke with Authority Magazine’s Eric L. Pines about what it takes to run a successful law firm. Some key takeaways: make DEI central to your firm culture, be a lifelong learner, and invest in your people. Read the full interview here: https://bit.ly/3u5EwXp
EGHB is one of just 43 U.S.-based law firms named to Bloomberg Law’s DEI Framework. The framework is a listing of law firms that meet or exceed the highest standards for diversity, equity, and inclusion and it plays an important role in advancing the legal profession. To learn more about EGHB’s success and the DEI Framework, please read the formal announcement here: https://bit.ly/3w1U7rW
Please submit your resume to Jon Piggins via email at: [email protected]