There has never been a better time to join Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum (www.eghblaw.com) a growing firm of nimble defense lawyers who help clients simplify the process of complex litigation.
The San Francisco, California office of Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum is currently accepting resumes for a full-time accounting assistant. This position will be responsible for processing invoices, extensive data entry, daily correspondence with client and/or insurance adjusters and all aspects of billing.
Ideal candidates will have 1-2 years of relevant work experience (accounting, customer service, etc) and be able to type 45 words per minute. Previous experience in a law firm setting is a plus. Must be familiar with all office landscapes such as scanners, fax machines, copy machines, and multi-line phones. Ability to prioritize workflow under pressure and able to switch between tasks easily.
This is a full-time, salaried role with great benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Input vendor invoices ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and proper classification.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to processing.
- Research, reconcile, and resolve vendor discrepancies.
- Process employee expense reports ensuring sufficient documentation and compliance with the firm’s policies.
- Work with vendors as needed, respond to vendor Accounts Payable (A/P) inquiries, prepare and maintains vendor files.
- Assist Accounting Department on special project.
- Generate Ad Hoc reports.
- Communicate and ensure follow ups with client, vendors, and responsible attorneys re AP issues.
- Upload vendor invoices to clients’ billing portals.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, in a dynamic, fast pace environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients and to provide information with ordinary courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrate organization, prioritization, and attention to detail skills to allow for timely, effective, and accurate performance of job duties.
- High level of integrity, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure.
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work with E-billing programs such as Collaborati and Legal Exchange.
- Well versed in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
- Have a good understanding of basic accounting principles, as well as excellent analytical skills.
- Work requires sitting, bending, stooping, computer keyboarding and continuous use of the hands, telephone contact, reading, and may require lifting of 25-50 lbs. or more.
- Remain flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the Controller.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree.
Annual Salary: $50,000-$60,000 per year, plus comprehensive benefits.
*Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Growth opportunities within the firm.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
Recently, our Managing Partner Noel Edlin spoke with Authority Magazine’s Eric L. Pines about what it takes to run a successful law firm. Some key takeaways: make DEI central to your firm culture, be a lifelong learner, and invest in your people. Read the full interview here: https://bit.ly/3u5EwXp
EGHB is one of just 43 U.S.-based law firms named to Bloomberg Law’s DEI Framework. The framework is a listing of law firms that meet or exceed the highest standards for diversity, equity, and inclusion and it plays an important role in advancing the legal profession. To learn more about EGHB’s success and the DEI Framework, please read the formal announcement here: https://bit.ly/3w1U7rW
Please submit your resume to Jon Piggins via email at: [email protected]