Litigation Secretary − San Francisco and Los Angeles
There has never been a better time to join Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum, a growing firm of nimble defense lawyers who help clients simplify the process of complex litigation. At EGHB, we serve as outside counsel for businesses, insurance companies, and the public sector. Our firm has deep trial experience to win motions and achieve defense verdicts. We will resolve cases in the most efficient and favorable manner possible.
We are currently accepting resumes for several litigation secretary positions in our San Francisco and Los Angeles offices. Applicants must have 3+ years of legal secretarial experience, with the ability to prioritize workflow and switch between tasks easily. The ideal candidate will be team oriented and have the ability to work with other administrative professionals collaboratively, adapt to constantly changing demands, and show themselves capable of taking on new and unfamiliar tasks.
This is a full-time, salaried role with great benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft, format, proofread, revise and file documents.
- Ability to provide secretary support to five or more attorneys.
- Arrange meetings by generating and allocating invitations as directed in addition to reserving conference rooms. Organize for catering, audio/video, and other essential services as needed.
- Knowledge of calendaring including tracking of litigation deadlines.
- Track incoming assignments and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Proactively seek out additional work during downtime.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work independently and flexibly.
- Handle special assignments, as well as overflow work from other secretaries.
- Remain flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the client coordinators.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks, in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients and to provide information with ordinary courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrate organizational, prioritization, and attention to detail skills to allow for timely, effective, and accurate performance of job duties.
- Work requires sitting, bending, stooping, typing and continuous use of the hands, telephone contact, reading, and may require lifting of 25-50 lbs. or more.
- The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Annual Salary: $55,000-$70,000 per year, plus comprehensive benefits.
*Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Collaborative and diverse work environment
- Growth opportunities within the firm
- Comprehensive benefits package
Recently, our Managing Partner Noel Edlin spoke with Authority Magazine’s Eric L. Pines about what it takes to run a successful law firm. Some key takeaways: make DEI central to your firm culture, be a lifelong learner, and invest in your people. Read the full interview here.
EGHB is one of just 43 U.S.-based law firms named to Bloomberg Law’s DEI Framework. The framework is a listing of law firms that meet or exceed the highest standards for diversity, equity, and inclusion and it plays an important role in advancing the legal profession. To learn more about EGHB’s success and the DEI Framework, please read the formal announcement here: https://bit.ly/3w1U7rW
Please submit your resume to Jon Piggins via email at: [email protected]