Attorney — Los Angeles or San Francisco
Who We Are
There has never been a better time to join Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum a growing firm of nimble defense lawyers who help clients simplify the process of complex litigation.
From our offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles, we help clients confront and overcome a wide variety of complex claims in state and federal court throughout California. At EGHB, we serve as outside counsel for businesses, insurance companies, and the public sector. Our firm has deep trial experience to win motions and achieve defense verdicts. We resolve cases in the most efficient and favorable manner possible.
Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum is currently accepting resumes for a mid to senior level Associate Attorney. Applicants must be licensed to practice law in the State of California. Experience in our areas of practice is an added advantage, though not mandatory.
About the Role
- Handle all aspects of pre-trial and trial work.
- Track case status by monitoring weekly personal calendar and communicating regularly with case manager.
- Attend weekly round table meeting and calendar meeting.
- Keep docket clerks apprised of changes to case calendars by communicating regularly via email.
- Able to effectively supervise staff and collaborate with other attorneys to successfully complete assignments.
- Enter billable time into computer daily and meet a minimum billing requirement of 158.34 hours per month net of write downs (1900 per year).
- Ensure all functions are performed in exact accordance with applicable client guidelines available on the firm intranet.
- Remain flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the client coordinators.
What We Are Looking For
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must be licensed to practice law in the State of California.
- Litigation experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate tactfully with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients.
*Work may also require traveling to offsite locations for depositions, collecting records and information, or filing documents with courts.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation including a bonus structure.
- Collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Growth opportunities within the firm.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
To Apply: Please submit your resume to Jon Piggins via email at: [email protected]
*Equal opportunity employer*