There has never been a better time to join Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum, a growing firm of nimble defense lawyers who help clients simplify the process of complex litigation. At EGHB, we serve as outside counsel for businesses, insurance companies, and the public sector. Our firm has deep trial experience to win motions and achieve defense verdicts. We resolve cases in the most efficient and favorable manner possible.
The firm is currently accepting resumes for a partner-level attorney. Applicants must be licensed to practice law in the State of California and have extensive experience with litigation. A book of transportable business is a plus.
About the Role:
- Handle all aspects of pre-trial and trial work that come into the firm.
- Track case status by monitoring weekly personal calendar and communicating regularly with case manager, paralegals, and Associate Attorneys.
- Participate in weekly round table and calendar meetings.
- Keep docket clerks apprised of changes to case calendars by communicating regularly via email.
- Be able to effectively supervise staff and collaborate with other attorneys to successfully complete assignments.
- Meet a minimum billing requirement of 158.34 hours per month net of write downs (1900 per year).
- Ensure all functions are performed in exact accordance with applicable client guidelines.
- Remain flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the Managing Partner.
- Act as a resource and mentor for the firm.
- Serve as lead on critical cases with key clients.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Must be licensed to practice law in the State of California.
- Must have extensive experience with the full litigation lifecycle.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate tactfully with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Organized, good at prioritizing tasks, and detail-oriented.
- Work may also require traveling to offsite locations for depositions, collecting records and information, or filing documents with courts.
Annual Salary: $135,000-$180,000 per year, plus comprehensive benefits.
*Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation.
- Collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Growth opportunities within the firm.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
Recently, our Managing Partner Noel Edlin spoke with Authority Magazine’s Eric L. Pines about what it takes to run a successful law firm. Some key takeaways: make DEI central to your firm culture, be a lifelong learner, and invest in your people. Read the full interview here: https://bit.ly/3u5EwXp
EGHB is one of just 43 U.S.-based law firms named to Bloomberg Law’s DEI Framework. The framework is a listing of law firms that meet or exceed the highest standards for diversity, equity, and inclusion and it plays an important role in advancing the legal profession. To learn more about EGHB’s success and the DEI Framework, please read the formal announcement here: https://bit.ly/3w1U7rW
Please submit your resume to Jon Piggins via email at: [email protected]