Attorney – Construction Law (LA or SF)
There has never been a better time to join Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum (www.eghblaw.com), a growing firm of nimble defense lawyers who help clients simplify the process of complex litigation. At EGHB, we serve as outside counsel for businesses, insurance companies, and the public sector. Our firm has deep trial experience to win motions and achieve defense verdicts. We resolve cases in the most efficient and favorable manner possible.
About the Role:
- Handle all aspects of pre-trial and trial work on construction cases, as well as non-construction cases that come into the firm.
- Track case status by monitoring weekly personal calendar and communicating regularly with case manager.
- Attend weekly round table meeting and calendar meeting.
- Keep docket clerks apprised of changes to case calendars by communicating regularly via email.
- Effectively supervise staff and collaborate with other attorneys to successfully complete assignments.
- Enter billable time into computer daily and meet a minimum billing requirement of 158.34 hours per month net of write downs (1900 per year).
- Ensure all functions are performed in exact accordance with applicable client guidelines available on the firm intranet.
- Remain flexible and open to requests for support or assistance outside of the scope of this job description and to other duties as directed by the client coordinators.
*This position can be based in the San Francisco Bay Area or Greater Los Angeles, and our firm provides flexibility in regards to hybrid and remote working arrangements.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to manage multiple tasks, in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Is licensed to practice law in the State of California.
- Has experience with construction litigation.
- Exhibits the strong interpersonal skills to communicate tactfully with a diverse group of attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Is organized, good at prioritizing tasks, and detail-oriented.
*Work may also require traveling to offsite locations for depositions, collecting records and information, or filing documents with courts.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation including a bonus structure.
- Collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Growth opportunities within the firm.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Commitment to a healthy work-life balance.