Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum Among 43 U.S.-Based Firms Recognized for Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
San Francisco, Ca. and Arlington, Va. (August 11, 2022) — Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum (“EGHB”) has been named to Bloomberg Law’s second Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Framework. EGHB is one of 43 U.S.-based law firms recognized for disclosing diversity-related metrics and distinguished performance against six core pillars: demographics, leadership and talent pipeline, recruitment and retention, business innovation and strategy, marketing, and diversity and inclusion in the community. More information about the Bloomberg Law 2022 DEI Framework, the methodology, and a full list of members, is available at http://onb-law.com/QXba50K1gaq.
“Incorporating DEI into the selection process for outside counsel is a new challenge for the legal industry, but Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum has distinguished itself as a law firm worthy of consideration,” said Joe Breda, President, Bloomberg Law. “By demonstrating its commitment to DEI, Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum is helping the legal profession to evolve, and we recognize their performance by selecting them as a member of our 2022 DEI Framework.”
“Our commitment to DEI is steadfast and long-standing,” said Noel Edlin, Managing Partner, Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum. “We know that diverse perspectives result in the most innovative solutions to even the most complex legal challenges, so we work hard to attract and retain top talent from a wide range of backgrounds.”
Bloomberg Law’s DEI Framework was developed in 2021 in collaboration with Bloomberg’s Gender-Equality Index team, as well as diversity leads at corporations and U.S.-based law firms. Performance was assessed across more than 85 metrics, each associated with one of the framework’s six core pillars.
Among the key findings of the 2022 report:
- 83% of firms say they have a chief diversity officer, and nearly all (91%) have a public statement regarding their commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Women make up half (50.8%) of all law firm associates, and just under one-third (29.4%) of partners. Six percent of firm associates and 2.7% of partners are Black, 11.3% of associates and 4.2% of partners are Asian American.
- This year, 70% of firms require diversity in the pool of candidates for management and leadership positions, up from 58% last year.
- There are meaningful differences between firms who made the list of 2022 DEI Framework member firms and those who did not. Among firms who made the list, 54% said practice group leaders have clear diversity and inclusion goals included as part of their annual performance review, while only 10% of non-member firms said their practice group leaders have these goals.
- Additionally, nearly all (97.7%) member firms provide opportunities for attorneys to voluntarily disclose disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression through firm collection procedures, compared to 40% of non-member firms.
About Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum
Included among America’s Top Trusted Corporate Law Firms by Forbes, Edlin Gallagher Huie + Blum is a nimble team of trial lawyers who defend clients facing complex legal challenges. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is in our DNA because we know that multiple perspectives produce more innovative solutions. By leveraging our litigation strengths, working with the right experts, and collaborating efficiently with our clients and each other, we reduce risks, control costs, and achieve favorable outcomes. To learn more please visit eghblaw.com.
About Bloomberg Law
Bloomberg Law combines the latest in legal technology with workflow tools, comprehensive primary and secondary sources, trusted news, expert analysis, and business intelligence. Our deep expertise and commitment to innovation provide a competitive edge to help improve attorney productivity and efficiency. Bloomberg Law is the only legal research provider to include continuous enhancements to its platform at no cost to existing subscribers. For more information, visit pro.bloomberglaw.com.